Europe eHealth eStandards and Profiles in action for Europe and beyond.
eStandards is a Horizon 2020 Project with 7 Objectives:
1. To join up with stakeholders in Europe and globally build consensus on eHealth standards, accelerate knowledge-sharing, and promote the adoption of standards.
2. To deliver an evidence-based roadmap for alignment, iterative consolidation and broad acceptance of eStandards that is endorsed by SDOs, the eHealth network, providers and the industry.
3. To contribute to the eHealth Interoperability Framework Use Cases focusing on clinical content modelling for different paradigms and embed a quality management system for interoperability testing & certification of eHealth systems.
4. To collect evidence and provide guidance on the co-existence of competing or overlapping standards in large-scale eHealth deployment nationally and cross- border.
5. To participate in EU/US MoU roadmap actions such as the international patient summaries standard.
6. To explore socio-economic aspects of eHealth interoperability, revisiting the language for user-vendor interaction that embodies ‘co-making’ in trust, collaboration and long-term engagement.
7. To align across PHC-34 to nurture innovation, sustainability & growth under CEF and beyond, contributing to key actions of the Digital Agenda 2020 (DAE).
Partners of the projects include SDO’ experts, centres of competences and European associations of hospitals and vendors as well as national ministries of health.
Role of IHE-Europe:
IHE-Europe has the responsibility to extend the current eHealth European Interoperability Framework (eEIF) by five new use cases (objective 3) and is responsible for the socio-economic aspects of standards-driven eHealth interoperability (objective 7) that include incentives and tools for standard adoption, societal and economic aspects.
Current status: in progress (start in May 2015)
Project reference: www.eStandards-project.eu